Thursday, December 8, 2011

All Things Well

I am either all or nothing.  I don't like to do things half-way.  


BUT, that sometimes gets me into things that I don't really stick with, hobbies especially.  Scrapbooking, for example, or blogging (the first time around) or, more detrimental to my health (mental and physical), exercising.  


I think this comes from my desire to do EVERYTHING better, great, the best, really well, at an expert level.  I don't like doing things that I am not great at or am only mediocre.  Who does?


Yes, I do have a few things that I do well, but I am not one of those who seems to be able to do EVERYTHING well.  The sooner I realize that, the better.  


I was reading in Isaiah 30 tonight and jumped across the title of verses 15-33: God Takes the Time to Do Everything Right


I thought of Chris Tomlin's song, You Do All Things Well.


The sound of your voice, the works of your hand.  You do all these well.


Isaiah 30:18-19 (NIV/The Message)
Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; therefore he will rise up to show you compassion.  For the Lord is a God of justice.  Blessed are all who wait for him!  Oh yes, people of Zion, citizens of Jerusalem, your time of tears is over.  Cry for help and you'll find it's grace and more grace.  The moment he hears, he'll answer.


Grace and more grace.  The moment he hears, he'll answer. 


Warning:  His answer might not be my answer, my plan or even on my radar, but he's the Master of ALL, the Jack-of-all-trades, the ultimate Renaissance Man...he does all things well.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your heart, dearest. Your words and thoughts are inspiring and encouraging. A whole lot like the Isaiah verse you shared.

    ReplyDelete