Friday, October 7, 2011

I Like Your Toes

I ran out to get the mail last week and forgot to put shoes on.  I don't think that I was expecting anything, I just saw the mail lady and didn't want her to jam our mail in our box.  I was trying to save the mail from being smashed.

While in the stairwell, a little girl walked in the door, took one look at me and said, "I like your toes."  Of course, they were painted, but if you know OPI colors, they are painted You Don't Know Jacques, a brownish-gray color.  I quickly smiled, replied, "Thank you!" and rushed back down to my bungalow apartment.

I reported back to Blake what had happened.  We had a great little giggle and thought it was so cute.

Later on, Psalm 139 came to mind.

1 You have searched me, LORD,
   and you know me.
2 You know when I sit and when I rise;
   you perceive my thoughts from afar.
3 You discern my going out and my lying down;
   you are familiar with all my ways.
4 Before a word is on my tongue
   you, LORD, know it completely.
5 You hem me in behind and before,
   and you lay your hand upon me.
 


13 For you created my inmost being; 
   you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
   your works are wonderful,
   I know that full well. 


So, thank you, little girl in the stairwell, for reminding me of my Father's love for me, His care in creating me and His watchful eye over my life and His plan for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment