Sunday, October 9, 2011

Some Thoughts.

Instead of attending the 3rd Annual GermanFest yesterday and taking photos of the wiener dog races, I sat for almost 2 hours at Discount Tire, waiting in line to get new tires.  BOOOOO!!!  So, sadly, no photos to post.  There's always next year.  Sorry for the broken promise.

On another note,  Blake and I had date night last night and found ourselves in Broad Ripple.  What a fun little village it is!!  We ate at Bazbeaux's and then walked on the Monon Trail, which was filled with people traveling by foot to dinner, biking, running and walking.  We had a great time of food, conversation and it all ended around 7:30!  I know what you're thinking...LAME.  We were tired from a long day of sitting in Discount Tire.

Today, I am on my own.  I have finished two of the three books that I was working my way through.  I have taken a walk.  I ate lunch, of course.  And now...??

Sundays in our new town have been leaving me wanting...
My favorite memory of Sundays growing up and even into adulthood, is family lunch.  Everyone, all together, pot roast or chicken from the Crock Pot, Mom's meatloaf, BBQ pineapple chicken...YUM!!!  We quickly cleaned up dinner, talked for a bit, then parted from the table for our own napping place.

Now that's one thing that definitely translates to Indianapolis from Nappanee.  Speaking of napping...

1 comment:

  1. What are the titles of the books you are reading through? Love, love, love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete